CHRISTIAN BOARD OF PUBLICATION/CHALICE PRESS
483 E. Lockwood, Suite 100, St. Louis, MO 63119
Website: www.ChalicePress.com – facebook.com/ChalicePress – Twitter.com/ChalicePress
800-366-3383 – email@example.com
CBP’s mission is to publish resources inviting all people into deeper relationship with God, equipping them as disciples of Jesus Christ, and sending them into ministries as the Holy Spirit calls them. Every resource we offer and everything we do is part of our effort to live into God’s invitation.
While Disciples remain our core audience, we continue to seek a wider audience while remaining aligned with Disciples’ core values of an open table:
- A world that recognizes each person as a unique gift from God, and knows God loves us despite the challenges each of us face.
- A world that rejects racism, discrimination, and bigotry and seeks reconciliation and understanding so we can continue our journey of becoming the Beloved Community.
- A world in which all people, regardless of faith tradition, are inspired and encouraged to challenge harmful theology, find our common ground, and work together for justice.
- A world in which a growing number of people welcome the wondrous diversity that surrounds us. As LGBTIQ equality works its way into the justice system and our society, more and more people move from mere tolerance to fully living the way of Jesus.
- A world in which families can grow in faith and love through daily practices and experiences across generations.
- A world that recognizes the planet we inhabit is under siege and must be cared for as the gift from God it truly is.
- A world in which the growing number of ‘spiritual-but-not-religious’ have resources to inspire them on their unique journeys.
We continue to fortify our reputation in the publishing industry as the go-to publisher for progressive, inclusive Christian resources.
After modest sales growth in 2017, we anticipate 2018’s sales being fairly close to that same level. We watch our cash flow cautiously to ensure we have the resources needed to make the most of our opportunities. In late 2018, we entered into a new sales and distribution agreement that we believe will improve our visibility to bookstores large and small, brick-and-mortar and online. The expectation is that this visibility will make our books easier to find and purchase.
We continue to keep expenses in check despite creeping costs for resources, and we now have the ability to produce small print runs in our Atlanta-based warehouse that keeps our assets liquid and our inventory minimal. But it continues to be a very challenging time to be a small publishing house.
A 501c3 non-profit, the Christian Board of Publication does not receive support from Disciples Mission Fund or the special offerings. Everything we do, we do almost entirely on income from the sales of products and services.
– Brad Lyons, President and Publisher
2018 Titles from Chalice Press, CBP & TCP Books
Religion, Culture, and Social Justice
Preaching as Resistance: Voices of Hope, Justice, and Solidarity (Phil Snider, editor)
Preaching about Racism: A Guide for Faith Leaders (Carolyn B. Helsel)
True Inclusion: Creating Communities of Radical Embrace (Brandan Robertson)
Urbansouls: Reflections on Youth, Religion, and Hip-Hop Culture (Osagyefo Sekou)
Gods, Gays, and Guns: Religion and the Future of Democracy (Osagyefo Sekou)
Spiritual Formation and Faith Practices
I Am Mary Advent Devotional (Carol Howard Merritt)
Leaning In, Letting Go Lenten Devotional (Nicole Massie Martin)
Drawing on Holy Currencies: Awesome, Amazing, and Animated Activities for Stewardship (Eric H. F. Law and Dave Law)
Coloring Women of the Bible (Natalie Turri and Christopher Rodkey)
The Living Pulpit: Sermons that Illustrate Preaching in the Stone-Campbell Movement 1968-2018 (Mary Alice Mulligan, general editor)
Annual Planning Guide & Calendar 2019-2020
2019 52-Week Annual Planning Guide & Calendar
Congregational Life and Mission
The Lifesaving Church: Faith Communities and Suicide Prevention (Rachael A. Keefe)
99 Prayers Your Church Needs (But Doesn’t Know It Yet) (Bethany Fellows, Cara Gilger, editor)
InsideOut Christian Camp Resources
Outdoor Ministries 2019: Peace Works
Topics addressed in 2019 publications will include:
- Religious and spiritual resilience
- Anti-racism, pro-reconciliation
- Church leadership and transformation
- The radical ministries of Jesus and Paul
- Forgiveness and gun violence
- Disciples identity
- Pastoral and congregational sabbaticals
- Death and grieving
- Pushing back on fearmongering
- America’s national parks and spiritual connections
- InsideOut Christian Camp Resources 2020: This Is Our Prayer
As well as our annual devotionals and denominational resources.
Chalice Press, CBP, and TCP books and e-books are available at ChalicePress.com or by phone at (800) 366-3383.
While our books are available anywhere you purchase books, a purchase directly from Chalice Press provides twice as much support for your Disciples ministry. We are grateful for your support.